Taste the Tropics at The Elandra
Foodies take note – the Taste of The Tropics returns to The Elandra Resort in March, April and May making it an ideal time to be at Mission Beach (as if an excuse was really necessary).
The very popular Taste of The Tropics food and cooking experience will feature three of Australia’s top celebrity chefs: Alastair McLeod, Manu Fieldel and Miguel Maestres.
Alastair McLeod’s past career includes tenures as chef at a number of Michelin listed restaurants in Europe, including Roscoff in Belfast and Da Giovanni in Turin. He will be the first to head for The Elandra kitchen in this year’s Taste of the Tropics. Make a note of the dates: March 16 to 20,
Manu Fieldel will then be at the Elandra from April 6 to 10. Manu has worked at several legendary Sydney restaurants and is a well-known TV chef in Australia.
Last but not least at this year’s Taste of The Tropics foodfest is Miguel Maestres (May 18 –22) He is another popular Australian TV chef whose Tropical Kitchen shows have appeared on television in countries around the world.
The 2011 Taste of The Tropics costs AUD 1500 pp (twin share) AUD 1940 pp (single) and the
- 4 nights accommodation in an African Queen Room
- 3 intimate cooking experiences / master class with the celebrity chef, including gala dinner
- Arrival dinner prepared by The Elandra’s Executive Chef
- 1 gourmet meal per day as part of the cooking events
- Daily a l a carte breakfast
- Local tropical exotic fruit farm tour
- Transfers to and from Cairns airport
- Transport to offsite activity
To get an idea of just how serious The Elandra takes fine dining, take a look at this.